Phelps Memorial General Surgery
General Surgeon, Dr. Hans Zinnecker, is certified by the American Board of Surgery. Native to Nebraska, he received his undergraduate degree from Kearney State College and his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Dr. Zinnecker's experience includes the Medical Director for the Center for Breast Health in Davenport, Iowa; Chief of Surgery at Genesis Medical Center in DeWitt, Iowa; partner at Davenport Surgical Group, PC in Davenport, Iowa; and General Surgeon at Winona Health in Winona, Minnesota.
Medical training includes general surgery residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for Pediatric Surgery, Trauma Surgery at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona, Mercy Medical Center and Veterans Administrative Medical Center in Des Moines, Iowa.
Dr. Zinnecker is married with two children and enjoys playing tennis, water skiing, snow skiing, reading and gardening.
General Surgery Procedure List
- Breast Health - Cyst Aspiration, Core Needle Biopsy, Incisional Biopsy, Excisional Biopsy, Lumpectomy, Mastectomy, Axillary Dissection, Sentinel LN Mapping/Excision
- Male Sterilization - Vasectomy
- Thyroid - Fine Needle Biopsy, Thyroid Surgery (lobe or total), Parathyroid Surgery
- Abdominal - Colectomy, Appendix
- Venous Access - Vortex/Infusaports, Groshongs, Subclavian Lines, Removal of Infusaports
- Gall Bladder - Open, with or without, Cholangiogram, Laparoscopic, Common Bile Duct Exploration
- Hernia (adult and pediatric) - Inguinal, Ventral/Incisional, Umbilical, Femoral, with Mesh, Hydrocelectomy, Orchiectomy, Vasectomy
- Scopes - Upper Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Bronchoscopy for Mucus Plugs, Dilation Esophagus (balloon)
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- Vascular (Varicose Vein Treatment)
- Laparoscopic - Diagnostic, Directed Biopsy, Cyst Aspiration, Colon Resection, Appendix
- Minor Office Procedures - Toenail Removal, Closure Lacerations, Ganglionectomy, Circumcision (adult), Excision Skin Lesions/Cancers, Perc Trachs, Tracheostomy, Tube Thoracostomy