Phelps Memorial Speech Language Pathology Services
Speech-Language Pathologists, also known as “Speech Therapists,” or “SLP’s” are professionally trained to assist individuals with a variety of disorders including:
- Speech – dysarthria/slurred speech, apraxia, stuttering/cluttering, Parkinson’s Disease
- Voice disorders - hoarseness, dysphonia, nodules, laryngectomy
- Language disorders - expressive/receptive aphasia, social language, assistive communication devices
- Cognitive-linguistic disorders - memory, organization, orientation, problem solving, traumatic brain injury
- Swallowing disorders – oral and pharyngeal dysphagia, pocketing
Individuals suffering from various medical conditions may benefit from these services including; Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Traumatic Brain Injury, Right Hemisphere Brain Injury, Oral and Laryngeal Cancers, Huntington’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
We are certified in the following therapy techniques:
- VitalStim – Neuromuscular Electronical Stimulation (NMES)
- DPNS – Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation
- EStim – Electrical Stimulation
- Beckman Oral Motor Asssessments & Interventions
- Trained in LSVT – Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease
Our skilled SLPs are ASHA certified and excited to help you communicate at your best potential….and enjoy your meals to the fullest! If you have any difficulties understanding what another is saying, being asked to repeat yourself, difficulty eating, or prolonged hoarseness please ask your doctor if you might benefit from speech therapy today! We are available for inpatient, outpatient, and home health therapy.
Feel free to contact us with any questions at Phelps Memorial Therapy Center at (308) 995-2865.
Mon - Fri 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Phelps Medical Plaza
516 West 14th Avenue
Holdrege, NE 68949
The following links are provided for your information: