PMHC Safety Committee
The PMHC Safety Committee is a team composed of management and non management
representatives from administration, clinical service and support services, that monitors and evaluates safety related issues, develops and communicates recommendations to management and the governing body concerning the environment of care to assist in the provision of a safe and secure environment for PMHC customers.
The purpose of the Safety Committee shall be to lead the Safety of PMHC. This requires the support of the Board of Directors. Participation from Leadership, employees, physicians, and others is vital in preventing, maintaining and improving safe conditions and practices within all buildings and grounds of the hospital. This is for the safety of employees, visitors, patients, volunteers, medical staff, and others.
The scope of the Safety Management System is defined to include the following:
The Safety Committee leads the systems by planning, organizing, motivating, coordinating and controlling through various sub-functions that have a cross-section representation of all hospital departments/employees. The Safety Committee is proactive in responding to safety problems and concerns and also serves as a resource and advisory group.
- Safety of the Organization
- Exposure Control/Monitoring
- Safety Education and Training
- Safety Promotion for Accident and Fire Prevention
- Employee Health Selection and Maintenance Criteria
- Accident/Incident/Occurrence/Fire Inspection, Investigation,
- Building and Grounds Security
- On-The-Job Accident Prevention
- Emergency preparedness Management for both internal, fire, and external disasters.
- Radiation Safety
- Hazardous/Infectious Materials Program
Safety Committee Chairperson
Bill Redinger, Safety Officer